The Secretarial role has changed significantly over the last 136
years since Christopher Sholes invented the typewriter, to become
the truly remarkable career it has evolved into today. In 1873
physicians had to certify that a woman's physical and mental
abilities were strong enough to withstand the pressure of the job.
Little did they know that this job would expand from typing to
include, record keeping, faxing, photocopying, computer skills,
scheduling, clerical work, filing, co-ordinating meetings,
conducting research and even preparing statistical records. It has
grown so much that Office Management Skills are now becoming a
necessity to aid in training employees and supervising clerical
SASPA aims to promote a career orientated, more productive, more
professional Secretary / PA or Administrative Assistant who offers
a higher level of contribution to their organisations through
professional and personal development. We will encourage all our
members to add to their individual competencies, realise their
worth, advance their leadership skills and have confidence in their
- Each member will receive a beautiful SASPA Pin.
- Quarterly e-Newsletter (With ask Marjon Articles).
- Regular Business Breakfasts.
- Open Forums / Discussions.
- Monthly Competitions.
- Members can exchange ideas and information.
- All achievements will be recognised.
- Amazing gifts and prizes from our Sponsors.